Having stripped the interior I could have a good look at the extent of the rust.
1. Drivers side inner sill. Where the floorpan meets the sill.
2. This patch is on the inside beside the gear lever! It is quite bad – how?????
3. This is looking into the rear of the sill on the drivers side. Not too bad, it looks worse on the outside.
4. And another close up.
5. Can’t remember where this is!!!
6. Drivers side rear inner arch – behind rear wheel.
7. Same on the passenger side.
8. Another mystery rot area, this is along the bottom of the passenger side rear quarter window, really very rotten in two small areas, worse on the inside!
9. Same area from outside.
10. Passenger side inside sill at the rear end.
11. Front floor pan passenger side.
12. Another two “funny” spots, above the passenger side front wishbone mountings. The mountings themselves are rust free – not to be confused with free rust.
More pics of the underside later. So far it all looks striaght forward, the insides of the sills are not as bad as first feared.